We are looking for a highly qualified Project Architect/Project Manager (6 - 8 years experience preferred, with at least 3 of those years in Portland). Candidate should be creative, organized, self-motivated, possess excellent design and technical skills, and be community focused. Individual must be able to multi-task, collaborate with and manage team members, communicate effectively, possess excellent client skills, and work well in a laid back environment. Our office culture includes highly motivated community builders and activists and we are looking for candidates who are fiercely green, passionate about issues of our time, and have a very strong impulse to do something about it through design.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree of Architecture
- Architectural license in Oregon (Washington and California a plus)
- At least 6 - 8 years experience (3+ yrs in Portland) as a project architect/project manager
- Professional experience on single family, multi-family, and small commercial
- Can juggle multiple small projects
- Strong leadership skills
- A knack for building relationships with clients, consultants, and contractors
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Suites, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to hand draw schematic design ideas
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and manage construction documentation
Additional qualifications preferred:
- CPHC – Certified Passive House
- LEED accreditation
- Active in community outside the office
- Experience with small firm management
- Strong sense of business strategies
- Hands on construction experience
- Experience writing specifications
- Experience designing and detailing strawbale and/or strawclay construction
-Design and manage projects ranging from small residential & small commercial projects to large multi-family housing projects.
-Manage a staff of 2 designers.
-Help manage firm operations and staffing.
-Review drawings for constructability, code, and completeness.
Applicants seeking independent working arrangements, flexible schedules, and less than full time employment are encouraged to apply. We are a non-traditional architecture office with growth potential for the right candidate.
Please email cover letter, resume, and graphic work samples to email@example.com.