We are looking for a highly qualified Project Architect/Project Manager. Candidate should be creative, organized, self-motivated, possess excellent design and technical skills, and be community focused. Individual must be able to multi-task, collaborate with and manage team members, communicate effectively, possess excellent client skills, and work well in a laid back environment. Our office culture includes highly motivated community builders and activists and we are looking for candidates who are fiercely green, passionate about issues of our time, and have a very strong impulse to do something about it through design.
- Bachelors or Masters degree of Architecture
- Architectural license in Oregon (Washington and California a plus)
- Qualified Project Architect/Project Manager
- Professional experience on single family, multi-family, and small commercial
- CPHC – Certified Passive House encouraged but not required
- Active in community outside the office
- Experience with small firm management
- Strong sense of business strategies encouraged
- Can juggle multiple small projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Suites, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to hand draw schematic design ideas
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and manage construction documentation
- Hands on construction experience encouraged
- Experience writing specifications a plus
- Experience designing and detailing strawbale and/or strawclay construction encouraged
-Manage projects ranging from small residential & small commercial projects to large ground-up housing projects.
-Manage a staff of 2 designers.
-Manage firm operations and staffing.
-Review drawings for constructability, code, and completeness.
This position will begin on a contract basis with opportunity to grow into employment. Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
Please email cover letter, resume, and graphic work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org after exploring more about us on this website.