Experienced Project Architect / Project Manager
communitecture ARCHITECTURE | PLANNING | DESIGN creates beautiful and sustainable places that bring people together in community. We are a small firm that is looking for a new member who will help us grow. This is a unique opportunity to work with an acclaimed sustainable firm which attracts like-minded clients focused on low carbon, highly sustainable, communal structures, and place making processes.
- Bachelors or Masters degree of Architecture
- Architectural license in Oregon (Washington and California a plus)
- Qualified Project Architect/Project Manager with minimum of 10 years experience (3+ yrs in Portland)
- Professional experience on single family, multi-family, and small commercial
- CPHC – Certified Passive House encouraged but not required
- Active in community outside the office
- Experience with small firm management
- Strong sense of business strategies encouraged
- Can juggle multiple small projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suites, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to hand draw schematic design ideas
- Ability to solve complex technical issues and manage construction documentation
- Hands on construction experience encouraged
- Experience writing specifications a plus
- Experience designing and detailing strawbale and/or strawclay construction encouraged
This position will begin on a contract basis with opportunity to grow into employment. Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
Please email cover letter, resume, and graphic work samples to email@example.com after exploring more about us at www.communitecture.net.